Mission Rv Park Russellville Arkansas




History:
Mission RV Park is located at the site of the first Christian Mission West of the Mississippi River; Known as Dwight Mission; Established for the Native American Indians in 1820 by the Presbyterian Church.

The 180 year old Dwight Mission Cemetery is still located at this site.

The Trail of Tears runs right across this old mission site
The Mission was moved to Oklahoma Indian Territory when the
Indian Nations were forced out of Arkansas Territory.
Dwight Mission #2 still stands just North of Sallisaw, Oklahoma

The land where Mission RV Park is located was dedicated to the Kingdom of God in 1820, and was sold when the Mission moved West.
The present owners rededicated it to God's Kingdom on
Thanksgiving Day 2005

Mission RV Park

229 Mission Drive
Russellville, AR 72802
(479) 967-3576 office
(479) 858-1104

missionrv@centurytel.net

Website Builder